Sunday, November 9, 2008

Roger & I tried to have a cool date tonight. We went down to the beach (paid $10) and watched an old favorite movie (Un Homme et Une Femme) we saw when we were first married. So we took pillows & blankets & Chinese food and sat in the back watching it on our car DVD player. Didn't want to use up gas so we turned the engine off & just used the battery. An hour or so into the film there was this loud screeching sound and we lunged to turn off the car. Too late. The battery was dead. Dad was surprised, but I had predicted as much. We called & got disconnected from USAA a few times, but finally got thru before my phone died. 45 minutes later a tow truck came to jump us & we were on our way. I told Roger if that had been our first date, I wouldn't have gone out with him again. j/k Harmless adventures are fun- esp to blog.

3 comments:

Jillyboo said...

Thats a funny and cute story. Kinda' turned into an adventure. I love the date idea, super sweet and even romantic.
Keep it up. The fun dates not the tow truck part

Katie said...

I think Roger did that on purpose! Sorta like the old tried-and-true "running out of gas" trick. Notice how he had food there for you two to survive on? Yep. I can see right thru him....

Wilkins Family said...

what a cute idea though! drive in movies are the thing i miss the most from the "old days" when we were first married. man, we saw a ton of those back then and even with the kids! nice job blogging mom! keep this up, and you may catch up to my records of a quarterly blog.