Monday, April 13, 2009

Glorious Easter!

What a great Easter Day! The most memorable since back in VA in '77 when Roger had to go to the hospital because his heart wouldn't slow to normal. We planned well the night before & had things ready (ok- by 2am). Everyone (ok - Megan & Ryan & all) showed up at 9 (ok - Megan got there by 9:15) and we hunted baskets & had our eggs A la yuck & everyone left at 10 & we were only 1 hour late for choir rehearsal. The start to a perrrfect day. We had 2 additional strong male voices and I could feel how wonderful we sounded. Unseen angelic voices were there to support our humble offering, I think. "The song of the righteous is a prayer unto me," and the words of the songs we had routinely rehearsed for so many weeks were carried deep into my soul on this holiest of occasions to make it difficult to voice without tears the heartfelt message - a message of unbounded hope to all those who suffer spiritually, as well as physically or emotionally:

Because He lives,
I can bear whatever burden may be mine.
I am encircled in the arms of love divine.
Because He lives,
He will banish every shadow of my pain.
Every sorrow will be swallowed up in Him,
For in HIs hand is healing for the weary soul.
This I know -
Because He lives.

I feel such personal gratitude for the Savior of all Mankind - and for His gift of having YOU in my life.

2 comments:

Jillyboo said...

love it. wish we were there. The Holidays are bitter sweet out here. It makes us miss you but we're so grateful to have Char.
Keep updating, I love it!

... said...

Hi, Teri, do you guys ever wear normal clothes anymore?